Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow--shit.

Jeff and I are in Albuquerque, New Mexico right now, and if we had a schedule, we would be running behind. Hitch-hiking through Southern Colorado and New Mexico has been somewhat difficult--it's not near as easy to hitch-hike as the Western Slope. On Saturday, we bought a marker and made a sign that said "Rocketship Broke, Need a Ride South", to see if it would help us get a ride; apparently, people thought we'd rather have money and we ended up getting handed dollar bills instead.

We only made it to Walsenburg our first night, and after building stoves out of alluminum cans in a convenience store, we got invited to camp in a local's back-yard. We woke up freezing cold and in the snow that we were hoping to outrun. We finally got a ride out of Walsenburg in an 18-wheeler, all the way to Albuquerque by a guy who convinced us to become Jehova's Whitnesses ;) . We got dropped off two miles out of down-town and have been here ever since--we got a hotel room last night to avoid more snow, woke up this morning, and are debating where we should cross the border into Mexico.

By the way--I cut my hair...

2 comments:

  1. Hey dude. Just a reminder to be careful down there. I've had some recent conversations with friends that came from SA trips this past summer. Be wary of those that follow and are willing to help out. All may not be what it appears to be (it's quite common). Your watched when you approach ATM's too. BE CAREFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Felise , I hope all is well with you and Jeff , I'm sorry I didn't make that night to say goodbye to you guys. I wish would have gotten more of a chance to hang out more then we did, I hope all is well. Take care , stay safe. Hit me up whenever you get a chance my email is feliz_felise_felice@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete